Luke Farmer, CORD London.
This year Youtube celebrates its 10th anniversary of pure video sharing Internet dominance! With such a pivotal role in the industry for music videos and music sharing, you have to stop and ask yourself: where would we be without?
With over one billion active users and 6 billion hours of watched footage per day, we thought it would be appropriate to highlight some of these staggering statistics and focus on how music plays apart amongst them.
Did you know…
- Singers and songwriters alone make up more than half of the 250+ channels in the billionaires club (a.k.a. those with a billion views or more).
- YouTube is localised in 75 countries and available in 61 languages.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- More than a million advertise are using Google ad platforms, the majority are advertisers are small businesses.
- More than a million channels in dozens of countries are earning revenue from the YouTube Partner Programme, and thousands of channels are making six figures per year.
If you want to find out more / want to procrastinate (it is Friday afternoon after all…) look no further: ‘26 Amazing Youtube Facts’ ,
And finally, we couldn’t just leave you without a nod to the official “worst song of all time” according to Youtube users, with an impressive 80 million views and equally impressive 1.5 million dislikes…. Drumroll…. Wait for it…
Rebecca Black’s Friday.
Speaking of which, have a good one!